Saturday, April 2, 2011

Shadowland by Alyson Noel

At the start of this breathtaking novel, Damen and Ever travel to Summerland in search of an antidote to reverse a powerful poison. But instead of the cure they seek, they find something far more sinister: the truth about their existence and the fate lying in wait of an immortal’s soul.

Now, with Damen fighting to save them from the Shadowland, Ever turns to magick, hoping to break Damen’s curse. Along the way Ever encounters the mysterious Jude, finding herself drawn to him in a way that will test her love for Damen like never before . .
(Summary taken from goodreads).

            If I were to choose my favorite out of Evermore, Blue Moon, and Shadowland, I’d have to choose Shadowland. It’s the third installment of the Immortal series and by far the one that I like the most. It wasn’t as jammed packed with action as the first two, but that’s why I enjoyed it. While action in any book is always welcome, Evermore and Blue Moon  had so much that it could be overwhelming at times. This one started off on the slow side, but quickly picked up pace as the story continued.
            As much as I love Ever, she’s starting to feel a little bit gullible, listening to what everyone tells her and making impulsive decisions before thinking things through. Damen is still amazing, but he’s still extremely hot and cold with Ever which can be bothersome. Then there’s Jude, who is this completely new character. He’s the typical surfer type, except with dreadlocks, which I can’t really picture. Anyway, I’m not sure how I feel about him yet. He was mentioned quite a bit throughout the story, but not to the point where I can really develop any feelings about him.
            The story itself was interesting, except that it hardly went into what the Shadowland was suppose to be, which I found disappointing. The first two books talked about Summerland, how great it was, and all this other stuff, but this book hardly talked about the Shadowland. Okay, okay, so it’s not a exactly a place where immortals want to be, but still, it would’ve have been interesting if it was discussed more.
            So, if you haven’t read this series yet, I recommend you check it out. There have been a lot of different views on it, but I for one love it. I definitely enjoyed Shadowland and just finished Dark Flame, which is the fourth one. I’ll probably post a review for that one later on in the week. So, check out the series and be sure to let me know what you think :)

3 comments:

  1. Great review Shaylene! I really need to read Blue Moon soon, I really loved Evermore too! Its kind of funny, becuase the other day, this girl was reading Shadowland at drama club, and I said I loved Evermore, and this girl respondes by asking if I was a girl. I don't get why guys can't read too. And really, the Immortals aren't that girlish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're liking the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read this book or any of the others you mentioned. They sound so good though! Im currently reading "Water for Elephants" and it's amazing!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! You've just made my day :)