Sunday, April 17, 2011

In My Mailbox #3

In My Mail Box is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren that displays what books other readers got in their mailboxes this week. Woo! It's my third IMM! I have so many books that I still have to get through, and yet, I always find a way to get more! Here's what I got this week:

   
  
 

From the Library:
  Arthur Rimbaud: complete works translated by Paul Schmidt
Deadly by Julie Chibbaro

From a Friend:
Arson by Estevan Vega

Found in my basement (weird, I know, but I have a ton of good books hiding down there):
The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson
The Godfather by Mario Puzo

Bought:
Delirium by Lauren Oliver

So that's pretty much what I got this week. Kind of an odd mix, I know, but still I'm looking forward to diving into many of these. I love Arthur Rimbaud's poetry, plus he was young when he wrote most of it, so I admire him. My friend gave me Arson to read for her, because she wants to know if it's good. Basically, if I like it, then she'll read it. I've had Delirium for a little while, I just keep forgetting to add it in. I've been meaning to read it, but ever time I pick it up, I just keep putting it down. Ah, I'll get through it eventually :)

So, what's in your mailbox? 

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, Arson and Delirium both look great! Deadly has a really interesting cover too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books this week. I've read Delirium and while I didn't love it it was pretty good.
    Deadly looks interesting - will have to check it out.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello new follower! I can't wait to read Delirium either. I just need to cave in and buy it already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Delirium! And I know what you mean about the books in the basement- I raided my parents books that are stored away and found loads of good ones!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a super-intriguing mix! The Complete Works one has a pretty snazzzzy cover ;)

    Here's my IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely, undoubtedly think Delirium is the best book that was ever made! :)


    Here's mine. :)
    Aryelle @ ReadingwiththeFishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Liz R Thanks for following! I had never heard of Arson until my friend pretty much forced it on me, but it's good from what I've read so far. And I agree, the cover is pretty :)

    @ Sally Thanks! I've heard so many great things about Delirium, I just haven't read it yet.

    @ Natalie I love finding old books. The smell kind of musty, but I love the yellow pages and the feel!

    @ Eden Oh, I know right? I love his poetry. It's very...rebellious, but so, so good!

    @ readingwiththefishes I'll definitely have to pick it up again then! :)

    @ Devan I know what you mean! I wasn't going to buy this book, the Borders near me was going out of business, so it was on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Delirium too, and I've heard lots of good things about Deadly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you got some really great books, I really liked Delirium

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Natframpton I must read this book! For some reason though, everytime I try I can't get into it! I can't wait to read Deadly. I really like the plot.

    @ abeautifulmadness Thanks! I definitely need to read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! You've just made my day :)