Saturday, April 23, 2011

In My Mailbox #4

In My Mail Box is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren that displays what books other readers got in their mailboxes this week. I think this is probably my biggest week yet. I really have to cool it with the library, but I'm always there! Plus, I've been reading a lot more lately, so it's actually been evening out. I just have to get caught up on my reviews. Anyway, this is what I got this week:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

From the library:
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle by L.J. Smith
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
Lady Macbeth's Daughter by Lisa Klein
I Know It's Over by C.K. Kelly Martin
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell
How to Take the Ex Out of Ex-Boyfriend by Janette Rallison
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Bought:
A Royal Match by Tyne O'Connell
Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky by Chris Greenhalgh
Harry Potter à l’école des sociers by J.K. Rowling

So, as you can see, it's pretty much my biggest week yet. Next week will probably be pretty small because I need to read through all of these first! Anyway, I'm very excited with what I got because a lot of these I've been dying to read for a while. So, let's see. I've tried to read The Luxe before, but everytime I tried, I couldn't get into it, so I'm going to try again. I've been dying to read The Bell Jar for a long time, but it's suppose to be pretty dark. I FINALLY gave in and got Across the Universe. I have not seen one negative review and though I'm not really into Sci-Fi, I have to see what all the hype is about. I want to read Something Borrowed before I see the movie and besides it sounds really cute :) My friend suggested Song of the Sparrow and Confessions of a Shopaholic and since I trust her suggestions, I got the books. I already read Pretty Little Liars, but I own every book in the series, except the first one, so I decided to complete my collection. Plus, I haven't read it in a while. Oh, and I ordered Harry Potter in French off Amazon, because while I don't speak fluent French, I know enough that I can probably get by and I figured that this book would only help me improve. Anyway, that's what In My Mailbox this week! Kind of crazy, huh? :)

So, what's in your mailbox?

27 comments:

  1. This is a great IMM, Im excited to hear a future review of Lady Macbeths daughther and I Know its Over (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love how you got Harry Potter in French! Wow, I'm learning Spanish right now but I definitely wouldn't be able to read a book in Spanish that's for sure :) I've heard the same things about Across The Universe, so I can't wait to read it. Oh, and I've heard that Confessions of a Shopaholic is really good and extremely funny. Awesome mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading The Luxe right now and it starts kinda slow but I am getting into it...
    I read the Bell Jar in High School and I didn't love it, but it is a reader must/classic. I LOVE Emily Giffin's Books and Something Borrowed is GREAT. Pretty Little Liars is AMAZEBALLS! In general you got a whole bunch of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good way to master a language! I wish I could speak more than just English.

    I've never been able to get into The Luxe, I'm not sure why because so many other people seem to love it.

    I'm really excited to read Across the Universe. Like you, I gave in and bought it purely to see what all the hype was about, but then I just let it sit on my shelf. I will read it soon though.

    Hope you and joy all of your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome mailbox Shaylene !! I look forward to know what you think of the Pretty Little Liars series =)
    Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of books!
    l read one of Emily Griffin's book and it was good =)
    I still have Across The Universe to read!
    Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Across the universe is really good, and the cover is really pretty. Happy Reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice mailbox. I looved The Luxe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many good ones!

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ haleyeliseread Thanks! I love Shakespeare and I'm excited for this one! I've been wanting to read I Know It's Over for a while now, so I'll probably post on that one soon!

    @ T.B. Haha thanks :) I feel like a bit of a dork, but I'm excited to read it :) It'll probably be my big summer read. That and maybe something by Tolstoy ;) I can't wait to see what you think of Across the Universe! My friend said that Confessions of a Shopaholic was really, really funny, so I hope she's right :)

    @ KThomas5 Your comment made me laugh :) That's why The Luxe bothered me whenever I tried! It was always so slow in the beginning and I never got past that. Not many people are huge fans of The Bell Jar, but I agree, it is one of those classics. I'm glad to hear that you liked Something Borrowed! I can't wait to start it! And I agree, Pretty Little Liars is great! I read it when it first came out and nobody had ever heard of the series, so I'm going to reread it.

    @ Kate I love French, so I'm wicked excited to read it! I know, a ton of people love it and I think the storyline sounds interesting, but I just can't get into it. And that's great! I hope you enjoy Across the Universe :)

    @ Elodie Thanks so much! The series is on of my favorites, I'll just have to start posting on it soon :)

    @ BooksforCompany Thanks! I'm excited to read Something Borrowed. I can't wait to see the movie either!

    @ Renu Thanks! I'm glad to hear that it's good. Everyone seems to love it :)

    @ Jess Day Thanks! Can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Library Snake Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh...Lady Macbeth's Daughter sounds amazing! And A Royal Match would probably be a perfect read for this week...wedding mania everywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting to read The Luxe so badly! Across the Universe was amazing! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Sarah I can't wait to read that one! I'm hoping the main character is strong, because I thought Lady Macbeth was such a strong woman. And yes! That's actually the reason I got it! I was so excited with the whole wedding thing, that I was in the mood for some royal reading :)

    @ BookUponBook Thanks! I've heard so many great things about the Luxe, but I've heard lots of great things about it. I can't wait to read Across the Universe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely BLOG.

    I have the Vampire Diaries which is so diffrent from the series but still wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you :) So do I. Well, I borrowed it from the library, but I plan on watching it. Thanks for stopping by though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great books this week. I have AtU on my tbr pile. I read The Bell Jar a while back and it is pretty dark.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks! It's suppose to be really good. I've heard The Bell Jar is really dark, but it is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Easter and great IMM! I really enjoyed Luxe, but I haven't got around to reading the rest of the series yet.

    I like 1 & 2 of VDs, but warning comes along with the 3rd one because the series gets really disappointing and super confusing.

    Bell jar is a must read, but can be very depressing so stock up on chocolate. :)

    Across the Universe sounds really good and I need to pick that up myself!

    Confessions is a great light read with lots of laughs.

    PLL-books pretty different from the show, but I enjoy both! Next in line for me is #5.

    Happy Reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice books, enjoy!
    jbdownie5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab set! I love the French HP cover. Very cool. I want to read A Royal Match. New follower too.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great set of books that you got!!! I loved the Luxe series and Across the Universe. Hope you enjoy reading them =)

    Ange

    P.S I'm a new follower

    http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want to read Vampire Diaries, Luxe and Across the Universe!
    Paper Dolls - Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  24. I Love the Pretty Little Liars tv show (I may have a slight crush on Toby)and will def be reading the books soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My my, you had some week! Great selection! I've only read 'Across the Universe' and I loved it. Hope you do too.

    Thanks for stopping by on my blog and thanks for your praise. Your blog looks very nice too, so you've gotten yourself a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow look at you and all of your comments! :) The Luxe was good, although I wasn't a huge fan of the rest of the series. Let me know what you think of Across the Universe, Confessions of a Shopaholic, and Something Borrowed. I have been looking into reading those three. The Bell Jar is one of my favorite books and I actually just did a review of it- can't wait for yours!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You received some really amazing books! I just recently read the first 4 vampire diaries books, and they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! You've just made my day :)